Lentil and bacon pot
- 100 g small green (Puy lentils)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (diced)
- 2 sticks celery (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 600 ml hot water
- 250 g potatoes
- 4 rashers (well trimmed back bacon, chopped)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Add lentils to 450ml boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes.
2. Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic and the hot water. Bring back to the boil, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Add to the pan together with the bacon. Cover and simmer for a further 15 minutes, or until the lentils and potatoes are cooked. Crumble and stir in the stock cube.
4. Serve half to each person topped with chopped fresh parsley.