Loaded potato skins
Try our delicious Loaded Potato Skins recipe for lunch
- 2 Medium potatoes
- 1 Ripe tomato (chopped)
- 1 Spring onion (chopped)
- 30 g half-fat Cheddar cheese (grated)
- Salt and black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200oC / gas mark 6.
- Scrub the potatoes and pierce them a couple of times with a skewer or fork before baking in the pre-heated oven for about 1 hour, until they are cooked and tender.
- Alternatively, cook in a microwave for approx. 8 minutes.
- Halve the potatoes lengthways and scoop out most of the flesh (set this aside to use in another recipe).
- Mix the chopped tomato and spring onion with the grated Cheddar cheese and a little seasoning.
- Divide between the potato skins and pop under a pre-heated hot grill for about 3 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.
*Heat 4 tbsp baked beans in tomato sauce.
Mix in 1 x 25g chopped Peperami stick.
FG 2.5 / CC 3.5
*Mix 4 tbsp low-fat cottage cheese with some chopped red, green or
yellow peppers and 2 chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil).
FG 0 / CC 1
*Mix 60g chopped cooked turkey with 1 tsp cranberry sauce and then
divide between the potato skins.
Top each one with a thin slice of half-fat Mozzarella cheese and grill
until melted and golden.
FG 0 / CC 2