- In a frying pan add half the oil and, over a medium heat, gently stir the potatoes until softened
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan and add the bacon, onion, and red pepper. Cook over a medium heat until the vegetables are softened and the bacon starting to brown.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, Tabasco and herbs to the saucepan and bring to the boil. Immediately reduce the heat.
- Add the white fish and stir gently. Simmer gently for a further 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and serve garnished with small sprigs of thyme or flat leaf parsley.