Twist on classic Indian curry that the entire family can enjoy.
- Spray oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 2 cm piece ginger (peeled)
- 1 tsp (each ) cumin, cinnamon, coriander seeds and paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 400 g chopped tomoatoes (tinned )
- 4 tbsp low-fat plain yogurt
- 120 g Basmati rice
- 450 g lean minced beef
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp low-fat plain yoghurt
- Handful fresh coriander
- Make the meatballs by mixing all the ingredients together well and using your hands, shape 24 small balls.
- Spray a pan with oil and lightly cook the onions and cinnamon for 10 mins.
- Blitz the ginger, spices and garlic to a paste.
- Stir the paste into the cooked onion and cook 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook 2 mins.
- Add the yoghurt and 300ml water.
- Add the meatballs.
- Cover and cook for 20 mins, adding more water if needed.
- Meanwhile cook the rice as per pack instructions and serve with the meatball curry.