Meatballs with pesto pasta
Credit: Recipe from Aldi using Highland Game/ Scottish Slimmers range of products.
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 garlic clove (crushed)
- 500 g venison meatballs (Highland Game/ Scottish Slimmers)
- Basil (roughly torn, plus some for garnish)
- Freshly ground Salt and Black Pepper
- 400 g whole wheat spaghetti
- Jar Pesto (Aldi)
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and gently sauté the onion until soft but not coloured.
- Add the crushed garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Allow to cool then add to the minced beef along with the basil and seasoning and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into small balls about the size of a walnut.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and cook the meatballs over a medium heat, turning to brown evenly until cooked through.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta in a large pan of lightly salted, boiling water until just tender, around 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan.
- Add the pesto sauce along with the meatballs and cook over a low heat for a few minutes until piping hot.
- Scatter over the basil leaves and serve.