Mexican Steak Strips
A quick and easy recipe for one in just 10 minutes.
10 Classic Checks
- 125 g lean (trimmed rump steak)
- 1 red or green pepper (or a good handful of mixed)
- 1 small onion or shallot (sliced)
- 60 g mushrooms
- Spray oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- Pinch of cumin
- Salt & black pepper
- 1 wholemeal tortilla
- Prepare your steak cutting into small strips. Slice the pepper, onion and mushrooms.
- Stir-fry the steak strips in a pan sprayed with oil. Remove the steak.
- Add your vegetables to the pan and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle in the chilli and cumin. Fry for a further 1 minute. Return your steak to the pan together with 1tbsp of water and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes more.
- Season to taste and place steak mixture on to the tortilla, roll up and serve
Why not replace with chicken the next time to keep your meals varied.