Mince & Macaroni Pasta Bake
Delicious hearty pasta bake that will satisfy the entire family.
- 250 g lean beef steak mince
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 4-6 mushrooms (chopped)
- 400 g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Good pinch dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper
- 100 g macaroni pasta
- 30 g half-fat cheddar (grated)
- Put the mince, onion and mushrooms in a non-stick pan and stir-fry until mince has browned and onions have softened.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and cook gently 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni in lightly salted boiling water until just tender.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Drain the macaroni and spread half over the base of an ovenproof dish.
- Cover with the meat sauce, then the remaining macaroni.
- Scatter the grated cheese over the top and bake approximately 20 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve with no-Check salad or vegetables.