Mozzarella and ham kebabs
Quick and easy kebabs perfect for a midday snack.
- 125 g/4½oz half-fat fresh mozzarella
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat pesto sauce
- 115 g/4oz lean sliced ham (fat removed)
- 200 g/7oz fresh pineapple (cut into chunks)
- salad leaves (e.g. watercress or rocket)
- Cut open the mozzarella packet and drain off any liquid.
- Cut the mozzarella into largeish chunks and toss in the pesto sauce.
- Thread the mozzarella onto wooden skewers, alternating with folded over slices of ham and pineapple chunks.
- Serve immediately on a bed of salad leaves with tomatoes and cucumber.
Alternatively, instead of making kebabs, you could split open 2 mini pittas (4 Checks each) and fill with the mozzarella, ham and pineapple mixture.