Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl and then beat in the egg and skimmed milk until you have a really smooth batter.
- Add a little water to a pan, cook the apple with over a medium heat until the apple is soft.
- Add cinnamon, ginger and lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Heat a small frying pan and, when hot, wipe lightly with oil.
- Add 2-3 tablespopons of batter, tilting the pan and swirling it around so that it covers the base.
- Cook over a medium heat until it is golden and just set, then flip it over to cook the other side.
- Slide the pancake out onto a serving plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Put a little of the apple filling on each pancake and fold over.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, dust with cinnamon or sugar and serve.