Pork Noodle Soup
The spicy warmth of this pork noodle soup will keep you going in the colder weather while keeping your Checks low
- 300 g lean pork (cooked & shredded)
- 150 g whole wheat noodles
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 4cm piece root ginger (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 200 g broccoli (thickly sliced)
- 200 g sugar snap peas (halved lengthways)
- 100 g beansprouts
- 1 red chilli (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 4 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime (cut into wedges, to serve)
- Place noodles in a large bowl, cover with a kettle of hot water and set aside to soak.
- Place the stock, ginger and curry paste in a large pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the pork and simmer for 2 mins then add the broccoli, sugar snaps and beansprouts and cook for a further minute.
- Drain the noodles and divide between four deep bowls.
- Pour over the pork broth then scatter over the chilli, spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve with lime wedges.