- Spray a large, deep frying pan lightly with oil.
- Gently cook the onion, pumpkin and garlic with the rosemary sprigs for about 5 minutes, until the onion and pumpkin are starting to soften.
- Stir in the rice, turn up the heat and pour in the wine. Let it bubble and reduce for a few minutes, then lower the heat to a bare simmer and gradually ladle in some of the hot stock with the saffron.
- Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until all of the stock has been absorbed and then add more. Continue this way for about 20 - 30 minutes, until the rice is tender and creamy and the liquid is fully absorbed.
- Season with black pepper and discard the rosemary.
- Stir in the parsley and parmesan and serve immediately.