- 1. Wipe a large saucepan lightly with oil and cook the onions, garlic and sugar gently over a low heat until tender and starting to caramelise.
- 2. Stir in the smoked paprika.
- 3. Add the pumpkin and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- 4. Reduce to a simmer, cover the pan and cook gently for 20 minutes, until the pumpkin is cooked and tender.
- 5. Puree in saucepan using a hand-held blender until smooth (or allow to cool, then blitz in a blender)
- 6. Stir in the creme fraiche and season with black pepper.
- To serve, ladle the hot soup into bowls and serve immediately, sprinkle with tortilla chips and grated cheese.