Rocket and chilli pasta
A vegetarian option that packs a punch. Fresh, strong flavours make this a favourite. Add some fish or chicken on the side if you fancy ...
- 175 g linguine (dry weight)
- Spray olive oil
- 1 red chilli (deseeded and sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- lemon (Finely grated (zest & juice))
- 4 sun-blush tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 1 small packet wild rocket leaves (roughly chopped)
- Handful basil leaves
- Finely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a rolling boil and then add the linguine.
- Boil for about 10 minutes or until the past is just tender but still retains some ‘bite’ (al dente).
- Drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a pan that has been sprayed with oil and, when hot, add the chilli, garlic and lemon zest.
- Cook for 1 minute without colouring the garlic and then add the lemon juice, sun blush tomatoes, rocket and basil.
- Toss lightly for 1-2 minutes to heat through and allow the leaves to wilt.
- Stir in the drained pasta and Parmesan and season to taste.
- Serve immediately.
This goes well with plain grilled chicken or fish.