Perfect soup to enjoy on a cold day!
- 30 g broth/soup mix (soaked overnight)
- 500 ml water
- 75 g leeks (chopped)
- 75 g carrots (diced)
- 100 g turnip (diced or grated)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 wholemeal bread roll
- Stock the broth/soup mix in water overnight.
- Drain the broth mix and place in a saucepan with 500ml water.
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly 10 minutes, stirring now and again.
- Add chopped leek, diced carrot, grated turnip/swede and lamb, chicken or vegetable stock cube.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 45 minutes checking frequently and adding more water as required.
- Serve with 1 wholemeal roll.