Scrunch top steak pie
Healthier take on a traditional steak pie.
- 125 g braising steak (lean )
- 1 small onion (chopped )
- Low-fat gravy
- 3 mushrooms (chopped )
- 45 g sheet filo pastry
- Spray oil
- Place the steak and onions in a small casserole and cover with low-fat gravy.
- Cook in a low oven until steak is tender.
- Add chopped mushroom for last 15 minutes.
- Spread out the filo pastry sheet and spray one side with oil.
- Scrunch it into a nest approximately 10 cm diameter.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in a moderate oven 10 -15 minutes until golden.
- Serve steak topped with the ‘nest’.