Skinny chocolate mousse
Try our Check friendly skinny mousse to curb your chocolatey cravings
- 2 medium eggs (separated)
- 150 g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp strong espresso or filter coffee
- sweetener (to taste)
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 sachet powdered gelatine
- Put the egg yolks and fromage frais in a bowl.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and stir until smooth.
- Add the coffee and sweeten to taste with artificial sweetener.
- Pour the hot (not boiling) water into a separate bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over the top.
- Leave for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the gelatine has completely dissolved, then leave to cool.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites until they stand in stiff peaks, then fold them gently into the chocolate mixture in a figure of eight movement with a metal spoon.
- Gently stir in the dissolved gelatine, mixing well, and then divide the mousse mixture equally between 2 ramekins or small pots.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours, until set.
- Just before serving, decorate each mousse with a spoonful of fromage frais and some cherries.