Spanish Baked Eggs
Warm flavours, vibrant colours - this baked egg dish is super-tasty.
- 75g chorizo (skinned and sliced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 red chilli (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g potatoes (boiled)
- 15ml/1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 45ml/3 tbsp chopped fresh flat parsley
- 2 medium eggs
- Preheat oven for baking at around 200C/Fan 180C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Cook the chorizo sausage in a medium frying pan until the fat runs.
Add the onions, chilli, garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, potatoes,, vinegar and parsley bringing them up to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and spoon into a medium ovenproof dish.
- Make two wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each.
- Cover with foil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are just set or cooked to your liking.
- Serve with bread (add extra Checks according to what you choose) to mop up the juices or some of your favourite no-Check vegetables.