- 1. Pre-heat oven to 200⁰C/ gas mark 6.
- 2. Put the cooking apples in a saucepan with the cinnamon, whole cloves and lemon juice.
- 3. Cook gently over a very low heat until the apples are slightly tender. Sweeten with granulated sweetener to taste.
- 4. Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in oats and a pinch of cinnamon. Gently rub in the low-fat spread with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- 5. Put the apples into an ovenproof dish and cover with crumble. Bake in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes until golden and crisp.