Spicy meatballs pittas
Delicious and quick recipe. Perfect for family meals.
- 250 g extra lean minced beef
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- Pinch cumin
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch chill flakes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- Chopped mint
- Pinch sugar
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads
- Preheat oven to 200C/ 180C fan.
- Put mince, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, chilli, tomato puree, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix well.
- Use wet hands to shape mix into 8 balls and place on non-stick baking tray. Bake on top shelf of oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix together yogurt, mint and sugar.
- Put pitta bread into oven to warm then cut in half to form pockets.
Put 4 meatballs in each pitta bread along with salad. Top with yogurt.