Spring vegetable risotto
Serves 4 : FG 7 / CC 10
- 125 g low fat mature cheddar spread
- 200 g risotto rice
- 200 g spears asparagus
- 160 g frozen peas
- 1 shallot- finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove- finely chopped
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 3 spring onions- finely chopped
- 20 g fresh chives- finely snipped
- Spray bottom of large saucepan with oil. Add shallots and garlic and saute for 3-5 minutes until soft. Remove and set aside.
- Stir in rice. Pour in half of stock and stir. Cook, stirring regularly until stock is absorbed. Pour in remaining stock.
- Stir in cheese, asparagus, peas and spring onions. Cook for further 3-4 minutes until all is cooked through. Snip in chives and serve.