Stir-fried Garlic Chicken & Couscous
Spice up your chicken the way you like it and place it on a base of super-quick couscous lightened with lemon and your favourite no-Check vegetables...
- 225 g chicken breast fillets (skinned and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- Spray oil
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley chopped for garnish
For the couscous
- 60 g quick-cook couscous (dry weight)
- 4 cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over an equal volume of boiling water, following the instructions on the packet.
- Set aside for about 5-10 minutes until the grains have absorbed all the water.
- Fork through and fluff up.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken pieces in a hot sauté pan or wok that has been sprayed lightly with oil.
- Cook over a high heat, turning the chicken frequently, until it is golden brown all over, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and stir-fry for1-2 minutes, until softened but not brown.
- Season with salt and plenty of ground black pepper and then sprinkle with parsley.
- Stir the chopped tomatoes and spring onions into the couscous.
- Add the lemon juice and seasoning and serve immediately with the hot garlic chicken.
ALTERNATIVE SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fry the chicken as above but add some finely chopped chilli and grated root ginger instead of garlic for a more oriental flavour. Sprinkle with soy sauce just before serving with rice, not couscous. ALTERNATIVE SERVING SUGGESTION Stir-fry the chicken and add a good pinch of cumin and ground coriander. Cook for a minute and the serve with the couscous and a little fiery harissa paste.