- Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over an equal volume of boiling water, following the instructions on the packet.
- Set aside for about 5-10 minutes until the grains have absorbed all the water.
- Fork through and fluff up.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken pieces in a hot sauté pan or wok that has been sprayed lightly with oil.
- Cook over a high heat, turning the chicken frequently, until it is golden brown all over, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and stir-fry for1-2 minutes, until softened but not brown.
- Season with salt and plenty of ground black pepper and then sprinkle with parsley.
- Stir the chopped tomatoes and spring onions into the couscous.
- Add the lemon juice and seasoning and serve immediately with the hot garlic chicken.
Stir-fry the chicken as above but add some finely chopped chilli and grated root ginger instead of garlic.
Sprinkle with soy sauce just before serving with rice, not couscous.