Summer Berry Shortcakes
Bake these delcious, healthy fruit tarts using whatever fruit is in season.
- 85 g/3 oz butter
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 115 g/4 oz plain flour (sifted)
- pinch salt
- 150 g/5 oz low-fat thick strawberry or raspberry yoghurt
- 175 g/6 oz strawberries (sliced)
- sprigs mint (to decorate)
- Cream the butter and sugar together, either with an electric whisk or a food processor.
- Add the sifted flour and salt and mix to a stiff dough.
- Knead lightly, wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough 5mm/1/4in thick.
- Cut out 12 x 5cm/2in circles and use to line a tartlet or muffin tin. Prick the bases.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3 for 6-8 minutes, until cooked.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Stir most of the sliced strawberries into the yogurt, and use to fill the cooled shortcake tartlets.
- Decorate with the remaining strawberries and mint sprigs.
This recipe will make 12 tarts.
Checks/calories shown are per tart based on 12 being made from the ingredients.
If you want larger tarts, you could make six from the ingredients and this would double the Check/calorie count per tart to 10 Checks (12 fat g) or 240 calories.