Tagliatelle with Roasted Butternut Squash
Try this fantastic recipe for butternut squash tagliatelle. A great Autumn recipe that’s filling, healthy but satisfying and tasty too.
- 300g/10oz butternut squash (peeled weight)
- 85g/3oz shallots (cut in chunks)
- Spray oil
- 1 rounded tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 175g/6oz tagliatelle
- 2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 220ºC/gas mark 8.
- Cut the butternut squash into 1 cm/½ inch cubes.
- Spread out the squash and the chunks of shallot on a baking tray.
- Spray with oil, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Roast in the oven about 20-25 minutes until squash and shallots are tender and golden.
- Cook the tagliatelle in lightly salted boiling water until just tender.
- Drain and divide between 2 serving dishes.
- Toss in 1 teaspoon of butter into each serving.
- Remove the squash and shallots from the oven and stir in the thyme.
Divide the mixture between the 2 servings and top each with 1 tsp grated parmesan cheese.