- Put the crab meat, chilli, spring onions, garlic, coriander, Thai fish sauce and the egg in bowl and mix thoroughly. (Or blitz to a rough consitency in a blender).
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions and shape with your hands into little patties.
- Dust very lightly with flour.
- Wipe a frying pan lightly with rice bran or sunflower oil and place over a medium to high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the crab cakes and cook them for about 2-3 minutes each side, until golden brown.
- Be careful when you turn them over – make sure you use a spatula and do it very gently so as to keep their shape.
For the Dipping sauce
- Just heat the rice vinegar and sugar in a small pan, stirring until dissolved.
- When it becomes syrupy, add the soy sauce, chilli and lime juice. Leave to cool.
- Serve the crab cakes hot from the pan with the dipping sauce.