- Put the ginger, lemon grass, garlic, spring onions, cumin, coriander seeds and leaves, lime zest and juice and plenty of black pepper in a blender or food processor and whizz to a paste
- Put the coconut milk, nam pla, green beans and curry paste in a saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns and continue simmering for 2-3 minutes, until they are thoroughly heated. If using raw tiger prawns, they will turn pink when cooked.
- Serve the curry immediately, garnished with fresh basil.
- Fragrant Thai rice is a good accompaniment to this dish - add 4 Checks per portion
*Create a vegetarian version; omit the prawns and add sliced green pepper, spring onion and asparagus with the green beans.