The Kiwi Berry Martini
This Kiwi Berry Martini is the perfect cocktail.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar ( + 2 tbsp sweetener if required)
- 200 g Kiwi Berries
- 8 tbsp gin
- 2 tbsp dry Vermouth
Put water and sugar into a small saucepan and simmer stirring until the sugar & sweetener dissolves.
Roughly mash the berries and add to the syrup and bring back to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Leave to steep until it goes cold.
- Strain into a clean container, pressing the kiwi through the sieve.
To make each martini:
Pour 1 tbsp of the syrup into a cocktail shaker with the 2tbsp gin, ½ tbsp vermouth and some ice.
- Shake well and pour into a cold martini glass.
- Garnish with a kiwi berry on a cocktail stick.