Turkey Burger Pitta Pockets
A turkey burger with a difference! With apricot and warm spices, this burger is super-tasty and super-healthy!
- 250 g lean turkey mince
- 1 small onion grated
- 25 g soft dried apricots (diced)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (grated )
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped )
- Spray oil
- black pepper
- 2 medium pitta breads
- Salad leaves
- 2 tsp low-fat natural yoghurt
- In a bowl, mix together the turkey mince with the grated onion, dried apricots, ginger, orange zest, nutmeg, parsley and seasoning.
- Divide the turkey mixture into 2 portions and with your hands, shape each one into a burger.
- Spray each one with spray oil.
- Under a pre-heated hot grill, cook the turkey burgers for about 6 minutes on each side, until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Slit open the pitta breads and place a turkey burger inside each one with salad leaves and natural yoghurt to serve.