Turkey Korma Soup
A delicious, filling soup to keep you going throughout the day.
- 85 g turkey breast (cooked & skinless )
- Spray oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp korma curry paste
- 200 ml chicken stock ( made with a stock cube)
- 1 medium tomato (deseeded and chopped)
- 275 ml skimmed milk
- 4 tsps desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander (finely chopped)
Shred the cooked turkey breast
- Spray a medium saucepan with oil and cook the onion gently until softened.
- Add the garlic and curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Crumble in the chicken cube and pour over the hot water.
- Add the chopped tomato and shredded chicken and stir until the cube has dissolved.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, coconut and coriander and cook gently for a further 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Serve half the soup to each person.
This soup makes a satisfying lunch accompanied by a medium wholemeal pitta bread (6 Checks, 2g Fat per pitta).