Turkey & parsnip hotpot
Delicious filling hotpot.
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 225 g mushrooms (chopped)
- 150 ml skimmed milk
- 150 ml chicken stock (made from ½ cube)
- 2 tbsp cornflour (dissolved in a little water)
- 450 g turkey (cooked )
- 450 g parsnips (thinly sliced and blanched)
- Salt and pepper
- 450 g potatoes (peeled and boiled)
- Spray oil
- Soften onion and mushrooms in a non-stick pan.
- Add milk and stock and heat through, thickening with cornflour dissolved in water.
- Add turkey and transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Layer parsnip slices on top and season to taste.
- Put cooked potatoes in a roasting dish and spray with oil.
- Place hotpot and potatoes in pre-heated oven 200c/gas mark 6, approx. 20-30 minutes or until crisp and golden.