- 1. Chop the onions carrots potatoes celery and garlic roughly and place in the slow cooker
- 2. Cover the vegetables with stock. If using fresh turkey stock chill in the fridge and skim any fat/gelatine from the top. If you are using stock cubes you will need to add 1 chicken 1 veg and 10ml olive oil.
- 3. Add all the herbs / spices and season really well.
- 4. Cook for 5 hours in the slow cooker then add the beans.
- 5. After 1 hour add the mushrooms. A perfect recipe to use up left over Christmas turkey you could even add leftover gammon too for extra flavour. If you do reduce the salt (and adjust the calories!).