Duck Breast & Mango Salad with Orange Balsamic Dressing
A salad that's bursting with exotic flavours and all for just 5 Checks - less than 150 calories!
- 1 medium duck breast
- ½ medium mango
- 2 tbsp orange juice (unsweetened )
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Dark salad leaves or salad leaves with shredded beetroot
- Pre-heat grill to hot.
- Place the duck breast on the grid of a grill pan, skin side up, and grill 15 minutes.
- Turn breast over, season lightly with salt and pepper and grill 10 minutes.
- Remove breast from grill and allow to rest 15 minutes, skin side up.
- Peel the mango and cut into small cubes (you should have about 100 g/3-4 oz).
- Mix the orange juice with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and stir well.
- Remove and discard the skin and fat from the duck and cut the breast meat into slices.
- Arrange the salad leaves on 2 serving plates.
- Divide the duck breast and mango between the two plates and spoon half the dressing over each salad.
Taken from Scottish Slimmers' 5 Recipe Book - available to order online.