A great source of protein and packed full of vitamins.
- 500 g Pork fillet, lean shoulder or leg ( cubed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 25 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat one tbsp. of oil in a large ovenproof casserole pan and cook the pork, onion and celery over a high heat for 5 minutes or so until nicely browned.
- Stir in the garlic and rosemary and cook for a minute more.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer in the oven for 1½ hours until the pork is very tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley and remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle over the top of the casserole and return to the oven, uncovered for 15 minutes or so until the top is crunchy and golden.
- Serve with green beans and crusty bread.