Quick and healthy way to use up leftover vegetables.
- 200 g potato
- 1 small onion
- 125 g brussels sprouts (cooked )
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium egg
- 30 g half-fat cheese (grated)
- Spray oil
- Grilled tomatoes ( to serve)
- Peel and chop potatoes and onion.
Boil together in lightly salted water until cooked. Drain.
Mash potato and onion together with the brussel sprouts.
- Season to taste.
- Beat the egg and stir into vegetable mixture.
- Stir in grated cheese.
- Spray frying pan with oil and heat.
- Spoon out 3 or 4 fritters into a pan, pressing down well.
- Cook over medium heat until browned underneath.
- Remove fritters, re-spray pan with oil and heat.
- Return fritters to the pan to brown the other side.
- Serve with grilled tomatoes.
*If you don’t have any leftover sprouts, cook some fresh or frozen with the potato and onion.